Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Love each other

As Pat had mentioned we are doing a continuous Bible study. While preparing for my entry I was drawn to scripture from our study yesterday.
     "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other." John 15: 12-17
     This resonates with me in so many ways. It is such a privilege to be able to serve the Lord and his people in Africa, and at the same time unfathomable to be chosen by God to spread the light of Christ. There is no doubt that we will all change and be changed by this experience. It is humbling to be able to just go and LOVE these people who don't think they have any value in this world, and to let them know that there is a God who LOVES them no matter what they have done or what they will do. I cannot wait to LOVE LOVE LOVE God's people and show them the LOVE I have so graciously received from the Lord.

Praise God!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment