Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Day of Rest

Greetings from the garden!

I trust you all have had a blessed restful Lord's Day. Praise, worship, fellowship with friends and family.
Maybe even an afternoon nap?

Well, our visa applications to enter Kenya have been filled out; our passports are in order; our immunizations have been completed; funds are still coming in.

The days are flying by! In all the busyness I want to live in the moment and savor every part of the daily routine and rhythm of life here. I want to rest in the Lord and trust that he holds the future securely. I believe he is preparing the entire team as we trust in and lean on him for everything.

I will be spending as much time as I can in the garden before we go. There are many places to sit and rest and contemplate and remember:

          "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91:1-2

Blessings from the garden,
Pat

1 comment:

  1. Imagine the many new shades of green that await you in Africa! A new shade for each precious memory you will bring home.

    ReplyDelete