Monday, May 31, 2010

Being Tested

God can turn ALL things into good! Today I started my day beautifully as my top priority was to finish Dustin's cards for each day I am gone. After I had finished this, I listened to Franchesca Batistelli and stood in amazement of the words in her songs as I praised God with my beautiful little girls. Nothing else to start my day would have prepared me for what was coming next.

As I went to my car to take off for some arrends, I noticed my Africa picture had been left in the car, I then realized I had not brought my bags in either and didn't see them. I wasn't sure if the car had been locked because I had already pressed the button to unlock it and didn't see before hand. I instantly called Dustin and asked if he had taken them out. I think we know the answer.

I called my fearless leader and broke down. Amen for the beginning of the prayer chain... Prayers from this moment on were needed and 100% there. Talked with the police and was told there was nothing we could do about it.

T minus 4 hours until my family was showing up for our BBQ in honor of my trip and NOTHING was done. Including the packing that had taken me over 4 weeks to get together.

What was a girl to do? This isn't any girl... This is a girl who is SURROUNDED by LOVE! God is LOVE and I saw Him EVERYWHERE today! Good ol' technology... Text messages to everyone, and facebook helped a ton!

I slowly pulled, at moments what felt like a fully inflated hot air balloon, back to earth. It passed through my head that God did not want me to go on this trip... My quick prayer... "God if this is not your will, make this IMPOSSIBLE to get to Africa!"

NOTHING got in my way today! God was SO evident and floored me to the point that by the time my family was showing up to my door and asking what else they could help me with I was saying, "nothing."

Thank God for the wonderful people He has placed in my life! My AWESOME team, my beautiful friends and family... My husband, who is an instant dropped EVERYTHING to do what he could...

Ended the night in a circle of prayer around our camp fire with family at ease with what God is doing in my life. My tears of fear where engulfed by tears of humbleness and love! SO loved, and blessed! God is SO good, I want to shout it from the roof tops! I am now not on earth as what I have seen today is only that of what God can do...

This day is being signed with Jesus Christ at the end of it... Onto tomorrow, and 3 days til we leave!

1 comment:

  1. Tanea...beautiful post! Beautiful testimony! He clearly wants YOU in Africa! See you soon.
    Love - Pamela

    ReplyDelete