Monday, May 24, 2010

Is this real?

11 Days until we leave for Africa! There are times I sit and think, Oh my... I am going to Africa! It hit me that I could be traveling through time and not know the difference. What I see in Africa is only what I know from Movies, Television, Pictures, and Stories. I see myself stepping into a land that was once classified on the same level as the Titanic, or Niel Armstrong's famous words as he landed on the moon. These stories are very much real but impossible to step into.

As I walk on African soil I wonder if what I feel will be similar to what it would be like to step into a storybook. Will it be what I expect? Probably not. I will and may not know what God has in store for our page in the story of Kisumu until long after we return to our territory. I can only trust that God knows our purpose for the people we meet in Kisumu and that we will not only fix our eyes on Jesus,  but let his light shine brighter than we could even imagine.

Prayers for our team as we get closer!
Tanea

No comments:

Post a Comment