Saturday, May 15, 2010

Satisfaction in a Sun-scorched Land

Jambo! Greetings!
I am looking out of my window at a profuse garden of delights. Bluebirds are feeding their babies, roses are in full bloom and the sweetpeas are so fragrant! The watering is done. I think often of Kisumu and the people we will be meeting. I think of the ancient land they live in and what they might be waking up to in the morning. What does their day look like? Do they have enough food and water? Do they have shelter and safety? Health? Family and friends? All the many blessings I sometimes take for granted? Then I look at a little verse I love that says

                            "The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters  never fail." Isaiah 58:11

Satisfaction in a "sun-scorched" land. I am trusting you, Lord, for allowing our team to be a blessing to your people in Kisumu. May we offer Living Water to parched souls!

Blessings from the garden,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment