Thursday, May 13, 2010

Trusting God in ALL things!

Jambo!  Thank you for following our blog!!

It has been an exciting week for me as I listen to God and respond with obedience.  Before I was a Christian I used to think obeying God meant giving up my personal freedom.  I was so wrong.  The more I learn to discern God's gentle promptings...and follow them...the more I experience His amazing love and His perfect plan.  Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future."  I am now 100% convinced that God does know best and He wants so much for us! 

That is the easy part: knowing He is good.  The hard part is following...  And yet everytime I do, I am blessed beyond comprehension.  So here is my confession: Sometimes I don't trust God enough to say, "Yes", because I am more focused on the details of my life that would be impacted...and without knowing how those will all be worked out...I am afraid to move ahead.

Forgive me, Father, for not trusting you completely.  You are so good; and I love you so much.  Please give me strength and courage to stop questioning your promptings when I can't see how it all works out.

In the precious name of Jesus...
Kwaheri (goodbye)
Kwa-ku-onana (see you later)

XOXO Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment