Friday, June 4, 2010

3:30 AM Friday, On our way to Kenya....

Good Morning! It is 3:30 AM Friday, I will be leaving my home in an hour to head to Christ Community Church to get a few things done before the team arrives at 5:30 AM. Then Roger will load us up in the church van, drive us to the Sacramento airport, and we will be off and running, well, sitting actually for the next 26 hours (if there are no delays) on flights that will take us from Sacramento to Dallas, then on to London, then to Nairobi Kenya. Here we will meet up with Mary, Jessica, and Desmond. We will stay a short night in Nairobi, and then catch an early AM short flight on to Kisumu in a bit smaller plane. :)

My mind and body are already remembering the different sounds and smells, sights and faces of last years trip to Africa.

What a beautiful couple of weeks I have had with family and friends. I love you dearly Michelle, Melissa and Roger. I am so blessed. I am reminded as I spend time with my incredible family how many children that we will be with who have lost most, if not all of their families.

I am asking one thing of God on this trip, that somehow He could use me, us, to be His hands and feet, to love the lost and hurting, abandoned and those that have been left behind. Not for our sakes, but for His sake. I pray that we could be His Ambassadors in such a way that He would be glorified. I remind myself that this trip is not for me, or about me, it is for Him and it is about Him. It is not about my experience or about what I am doing, but about what God is doing, behind the experience.

Thank you God, in all things. Thank you that we can trust you and that you are good and you are faithful, not because of what you do or do not do for us, but because you are God, and you are good, and you are faithful.

Time to go...Much love to family and friends. I keep you close in my heart, prayers, and thoughts all thru my travels. xoxoxo Laura

PS I curled my hair for the last time last night for a whole month, how cool is that!

1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you all! May God be your protector, your help, your comfort, and guide you in wisdom giving you discernment in every situation. Glory to God in the highest!

    ReplyDelete