Sunday, June 20, 2010

Another new sister in Christ!

Jambo!

Yesterday we attended Christ Church of Kisumu, which was fantastic.  It has a very similar feel to CCC...very loving and welcoming; great praise and worship and solid biblical teaching.  Near the end of the service they did an altar call.  I had been looking all around at each face and praying for anyone who didn't yet call Jesus their Savior, while at the same time trying to remember the faces of all these brothers and sisters in Christ.  I noticed a young woman near the back of the Church.  She had a small baby sleeping against her chest.  I saw that she barely raised her arm (not above her head) when the pastor asked if anyone wanted to be prayed for to receive Jesus.  But she didn't go forward.  So when the service ended I made a bee-line for her!

The pastor had just reminded everyone to greet the visitors (they had us on stage earlier...) so she was very happy to meet me when I went to see her.  I drew close to her and asked her if I had correctly seen her raise her hand.   She said yes so I asked her if she wanted to give her life to Jesus.  She nodded her head, yes, so I suggested that we find a spot to sit down and talk.  It was so beautiful!  We went through a bunch of scripture in the bible...so she would see that these were God's words, not just mine.   Then she repeated after me as we asked Jesus into her heart.  I can't tell you how amazing it was!  Her name is Catherine and she was SO excited!  The Holy Spirit filled her up immediately.  She was glowing!  I asked her if she had a bible at home and she said, no, so I found the local pastor and introduced him to my new sister in Christ and asked him if he could find her a bible.  We hugged all around and I introduced Catherine to Mary and Jessica so they can follow up with her over the next 7 weeks.  Then Jessica gave her the cross from around her neck, making her smile even bigger.  God is so good.

This is so real.  Life and death.  Eternal life and death...  I feel incredibly privileged to be doing this work.  God is so good.  Mungu Aku Bariki!  (God bless you!)

My love to all...
Pamela

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for your priorities Pamela! I'm beaming how the Kingdom of God is manifest through your presence and obedience! Dave Kase

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too will PRAISE THE LORD!!!
    Holy Spirit fill Catherine with the peace, the joy and the strength that only you can. Guide her and give her understanding as she reads Your word each day. May she infect others with Your love as she grows and may her child stay healthy and come to know You too. Amen and Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave and Traci - thanks for your comments. We are blessed indeed. It means so much to have your support.

    ReplyDelete