Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday in Kisumu


Greetings from the Yellow House on Ring Road, Kisumu, Kenya!

The Kenya team has assembled in Kisumu. The night sky is dark and soft as velvet. When the clouds are not blocking the stars we will be able to see the Southern Cross!

What a wild and wonderful journey we have all had in the past  few days! We all have our separate stories and you will get several right now.

It is 8:45 pm Kenya time. People are just getting out of the second church service at Christ Community Church. I miss you all and am looking forward to seeing you face to face. Right now I am living in the moment and savoring the adventure.

The garden here on Ring Road is so different. This afternoon we sat out under the jacaranda trees in the back and had a lot of good food and fellowship and laughter. I have been identifying the plants that are familiar to me and asking many questions about the trees and birdlife I that are so different and unusual.  

We took an afternoon walk in our neighborhood and what an experience! I loved the African sun shining down on my head and the people walking home from church and the children playing amid the goats, and pigs and chickens and the people just living their lives.

Some of the Team want to jump in to share their day with you!

Lala salama (sleep in peace)

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment