Monday, June 7, 2010

Glory to God

It has been only been two days since we have been in Kisumu and I feel like I already have 100 stories to share. When we walk down the street the Kenyans tell us that we are welcome here. Some children haven even asked us for a fist pound. The pigs, goats, and cows wander free on the side of the roads (outside the compound). We just went swimming and got caught in our first thunder storm. Every moment here has been so welcoming and inviting.

I went on my first hospital visit today. Due to my anticipation for the visit I was emotional before I got in the building, but calmed down once we saw a few patients. The smells were overwhelming and the state of the patients was heart wrenching. The first patient was 14 years old but I thought she was only 8. She was unbelievably tiny and in so much pain. The worst part about it was that she had no one to come visit her. It was just a blessing to look in her eyes, hold her hand and pray with her. All the patients that we visited knew Jesus and wanted the prayers. God is more evident in Africa then anywhere I have ever seen. I am already greatly humbled by being here.

God is SO Good!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment